Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My 2.5 year old male cat is warmer than usual to the touch

Customer Question
and is lethargic and won't...
My 2.5 year old male cat is warmer than usual to the touch and is lethargic and won't eat
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/21/2015
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. While Watson's symptoms are important, they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one disorder. i understand that you didn't come to this site to be told that Watson needs to be seen by his vet but that's the best advice I can give you at this time. I, too, would need to perform a thorough physical exam possibly including diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests and imaging in the form of X-rays or ultrasound in an attempt to clarify why Watson is behaving so. Please check his gums and tongue for me. They should be nicely pink - not whitish (anemia) or greyish-bluish (lack of oxygen). Please check his respiratory rate at rest. He should be breathing no more than 40 times per minute. Please take his rectal temperature - this is a two person job! Any body thermometer placed 1.5" into his rectum for 1 minute will do. Normal is 100.5-102.5.
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian