Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

J ust noticed on our 13 year old cat who is diabetic a raised area abo…

Customer Question
J ust noticed on our...
J ust noticed on our 13 year old cat who is diabetic a raised area above her right eye which has a pinhole and hair is missing from the area. Looks like a boil and we do have another younger cat. Both are inside felines.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/21/2015
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
A bite wound abscess is the most likely finding when such a lesion is found. I'll enlarge the opening, flush out the abscess with an antimicrobial solution such as chlorhexidine and prescribe a broad spectrum antibiotic such as potentiated amoxicillin to be given for a minimum of 5 days. Current might even allow a vet to do that without being sedated. Can you upload a photo of of this "boil" to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.