Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My cat seems lethargic and when I looked a lot of the white

Customer Question

my cat seems lethargic and when I looked a lot of the white was showing, like his eye's were rolled back.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 2 years ago.
Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.
This does sound quite concerning for your cat. My top worry when you see the whites of the eyes (which I assume is the third eyelid or nictitating membrane) is that he may be running a fever. If you are able to (safely) check his temperature which must be done via anus and it registers higher than 102.5F, then he is running a fever. This would be an indication to have him seen on emergency today.
There are certainly other possible causes of lethargy and abnormal looking eyes such as a primary ocular issue such as injury to the eye, itself like corneal ulcerations or intraocular problems such as uveitis; both are painful and really should not wait the weekend. But if he had a primary eye problem then he would be squinting his eyes closed at least at half-mast and have some ocular drainage.
I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. We can continue our dialogue in this setting.
I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.
Please remember to select REPLY TO EXPERT if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.
My goal is to provide the best answer possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating.
If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He is eating
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
let me call my vet. I don't like the hospital
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 2 years ago.
If your vet is still in today, then I highly recommend you try to get him in to be seen.
Please keep me posted. I am always happy to answer followup questions. You can reply to this question at any time to submit a followup. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, let me know – it’s been a pleasure working with you and I hope to assist you again soon! Kindly submit a rating as you exit.