Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Diabetes. The former owner of my cat has been cat-sitting for

Customer Question

diabetes. The former owner of my cat has been cat-sitting for me while I am on vacation. She insists he is diabetic, and talked a vet. into giving her insulin for him. I know he is not dietetic and my question is: how do I take him off these "un-needed" shots without harming him? He has been on them 10 days.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you.
Expert:  petdrz replied 2 years ago.
There is never any risk to just stopping it. There is actually more of a risk of him getting the insulin if he is not diabetic. Do you know what type of insulin he is getting and how much?Do you know if any testing was done and why she thinks he is diabetic?