petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

I have two very uncooperative cats. they are indoor pets but

Customer Question

i have two very uncooperative cats. they are indoor pets but have pick up fleas. i have to give each a dose of Revolution alone. How I can I do this?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you.
Expert:  petdrz replied 2 years ago.
My cats do not like to have Revolution applied to them either.
Expert:  petdrz replied 2 years ago.
I would get a big towel or blanket and wrap them so that only their head (and neck are exposed). I would then lift the whole bundle off of the floor, preferably on a surface like a counter. Have someone hold the bundle so both of your hands are free. Once they are in position, make a part in the hair on the neck and then break the seal on the tube and apply.
Expert:  petdrz replied 2 years ago.
They will likely run off as soon as you have it applied. If it is applied high enough on the neck, they really can't get to it to lick it off.
Expert:  petdrz replied 2 years ago.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** *****'m doing this alone. I'll figure it out.
Expert:  petdrz replied 2 years ago.
Well, even if doing this alone, I would still use the bundle technique and get them up off of the floor. If needed, back the bundle up into a corner. Have you revolution ready (you have to snap the cap and it is not possible with one hand) and put it where you will be able to reach once you get them in position. Good luck.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. You've been a big help.
Expert:  petdrz replied 2 years ago.
You are most welcome.