Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a kitten aged less than 1 month old and since 24 hours

Customer Question

i have a kitten aged less than 1 month old and since 24 hours ago, he has been urinating all over the place and looked dehydrated. this am i noted that there is greenish fluid coming out of her mouth. there is no available vet this two days since its public holiday in my country. is there anything i can do. He refused any food.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Is he passing lots of small volumes of urine?
Which dehydration signs are you seeing?
Is he actually vomiting?
Can he keep water down?
Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?
If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?
Could he have eaten anything he should not have (ie plants, string, bones, chemicals, human meds, etc)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello sorry for the late reply, the kitten passed just after i posted the question. Hence However, this is the second time it happened and just a few days ago, a senior cat passed with the same condition. Now, another kitten, aged less than a month is sick and only showed symptoms of eye infection with fever. They couldn't have ingested any of the above since i have kept the chemicals and meds in a safe place and there is no plant around the house. I appreciate your quick response re: the matter.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,
I am very sorry to hear that the kitten passed away, and even more so to hear this is an outbreak type situation. Since the involvement of more animals does change the situation, can you tell me:
Did the older cat have the same signs?
How long ago did he pass?
Is the other kitten related to this one?
What treatments have been tried for any of these cats?