Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My 14 week old kitten just got into a fight with a much older

Customer Question

My 14 week old kitten just got into a fight with a much older cat that is 2 years old and it injured him underneath his left front arm. The skin is completely exposed would I need to take him to the vet?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.
When you say the skin is exposed do you mean that the fur is removed and it is plain skin underneath, or is there red muscle or yellow fat?
Dr. Dan
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that my colleague had to leave, but I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Did the other cat bite or tear open Bama's skin?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.