Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

A year ago my 8 year old cat started to no longer use her…

Customer Question
A year ago my 8...
A year ago my 8 year old cat started to no longer use her letterbox. There first time she did it it was on my bedspread. I have to constantly watch her, which is nerve wrecking. She will use the box to urinate. What is the answer to this problem. I am 82 and loven my pet.?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/16/2015
Cat Veterinarian: Neal Forman,
 replied 3 years ago
Neal Forman
Hi
Sorry to hear that you are having issues with Sophie and her not wanting to use the litter box. If you don't mind me asking is it urine or fecal material that she is doing outside the box? Also can you tell me a little about what diet you feed Sophie, and is it dry or wet foods.
Cats at her age there is a small chance that it could be medical (ie a UTI or kidney disease)or it can be behavioral in its cause. Is there anything that is different in the house such as new people or new animals?
Let me know in order to assist you more
Cat Veterinarian: Neal Forman,
 replied 3 years ago
Hi Mandy Sarphatie,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Sophie. How is everything going?

Neal Forman