Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Our cat was accidently locked in an office (air conditioned)

Customer Question
for 5 days. She...
our cat was accidently locked in an office (air conditioned) for 5 days. She is drinking some milk (littl) but appears weak. What can we do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/15/2015
Cat Veterinarian: Neal Forman,
 replied 2 years ago
Neal Forman

Hello and good evening.

Sorry to hear about your poor kitty.

Five days is indeed a long time to pass and not eating well. Is she urinating any and having any bowel movements? Is she vomiting?

I would try offering her a variety of different foods like strained meat baby food, even microwave it up a little to make it more palatable. If she is still not eating then I would be worried about metabolic issues taking place particularly with her liver. As time passes and she is not eating she is relying on her liver to break down substances to gain the nutrients and this could ultimately cause her internal workings more harm. She may need intensive care if this is the case.

Either way if she is still not eating getting her in to your local veterinarian to determine what is happening may be the best thing for her.

Let me know if there are additional

clinical signs that she is doing. Also was she a heavy cat before she was locked in the office?
Neal Forman
Neal Forman
Neal Forman