brisadog
brisadog,
Experience:  dasdasd
25524280

I TOOK MY CAT simon in dental 9 days ago. He had

Customer Question

Hi, I TOOK MY CAT simon in for a dental 9 days ago. He had 7 teeth removed ( as he had FORL) and they had to laser back some of his gums. He was on fluids pre and post surgery. We had a board certified dentist, along with an anesthesiologist do the procedure. It went great and there were no " issues" while under anesthesia. Simon has early CKD.. With a diet change his bloidwork prior to surgery was 1.8 creatinine and normal BUN. USG 1.038.
All other values normal. My question is Simon 9 days post surgery is still " not himself". He IS eating normally, and using the litter box normally. But he is not as vocal or playful as he was prior. I am not sure if I should be concerned?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  brisadog replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I can help you with your question today.
It is not surprising to see some changes in the 48 hours after anesthesia and a dental. However, I am worried that you are still seeing problems a full 9 days after the procedure. I do think it would be warranted to recheck some blood work at this time to determine if Simon's kidneys are the underlying cause of his behavior changes.
Please let me know if you have further questions. I am happy to continue until I provide the service that you seek.