Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Have a 15 yo calico currently taking 2.5 mg felimazole and

Customer Question
1/4 2.5 amlodipine in am...
Have a 15 yo calico currently taking 2.5 mg felimazole and 1/4 2.5 amlodipine in am and 1.25 mg felimazole in pm. Eat hills M/D diabetic food. Not eating since yesterday, lethargic,weak walking movements, meows like in pain, doesn't want to move just lays/hides. Gave her some nutrical for some calories, rarely drinks water. Stays in locked lanai with 2 other cats.Not exposed to outdoor elements or animals. Placed flea/tick control product on skin on Tuesday 6/2/15. Pupils of eyes seem enlarged.Did she have a stoke, thyroid storm? She was doing great eating drinking had energy until yesterday.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/7/2015
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Do her pupils change size when you shine a light in them?
Are you seeing a sudden haze in the back of the eye?
Does she appear blind (this can be tricky to tell sometimes but often dropping a cotton ball to see if they can see it can help you determine this?
Do you think it is pain or confusion that is triggering her meow?
Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian