Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Thanks help. Our cat has increased in weight to be 11kg! This is an increase…

Customer Question
Hi, thanks for your help...
Hi, thanks for your help. Our cat has increased in weight to be 11kg! This is an increase of 4.2 kg in the past 7 months! He eats CD Science Diet, but we have probably been overfeeding him a little as he always seems hungry! Please could you advise me about the calorific value in the average serving of CD and how much we should be feeding our cat in order to help him lose weight on a gradual basis. Thank you very much.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/7/2015
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Can you confirm whether you are feeding Tommy the wet or dry food?

Dry CD, thank you

You are very welcome,

Now I have actually just been called away to see one of my patients and need to go. I am very happy to continue to aid you when I return, but if you need an answer right away, just let me know and I will opt out (or you can relist the question).

I do apologize for this sudden needing to dash but again am more then happy to help you workout a caloric plan for Tommy when I return.

All the best,
Dr. B.

No thanks, ***** ***** I'll find the answer elsewhere.

Hi again,
If you just wanted to know the volume to feed for his current weight its just 134g per day. But I admit I had planned to sit down and work out his caloric needs to help you manage his weight as best we can.
Take care,
Dr. B.