Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My 10 yr old cat has been acting very strange today. Usually…

Customer Question
My 10 yr old cat...
My 10 yr old cat has been acting very strange today. Usually very sociable and loving to his sister. He is hissing and fighting with her. Now he is hiding in the spare bathroom. He will let me pick him up and let me love on him. I can't see anything that could be hurting him. Could he not feel well? I LOVE this lil guy and I am frightened.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/6/2015
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
How is his appetite? Any changes to his thirst?
Any coughing, sneezing, vomiting or diarrhea?
When did he last pass urine?
Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?
If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?
Could he have eaten anything he should not have (ie bones, string, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?
How is his breathing? Similar to your lass?