Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat was abandoned in a woodpile. he has been treated like

Customer Question

My cat was abandoned in a woodpile. he has been treated like a king ever since. He has always been afraid of others ever since I got him,. What can I DO TO NOT MaKE HIm HIDE bEHIND THE FURNaCE WHeN PEOPLE COME OVER?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Expert:  Dr. Emily replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** Thank you for the question. Unfortunately this is not a question with an easy answer. There actually be nothing we can do at all to help him not be afraid of strangers. When an animal is not properly socialized at the right age, it becomes instinctual for them to run from unknown, fearful situations or to act out in an aggressive way. How long have you had Tuxedo?