Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My male cat who was fixed 10 days ago is now howling and his…

Customer Question
my male cat who was...
my male cat who was fixed 10 days ago is now howling and his hind end and the base of his tail is swollen. What is going on
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
I have waited for over an hour for the answer Not happy
6/2/2015
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. A post-operative infection or bite wound cellulitis/abscessation should be considered if Max fought with another cat within the last 10 days. Simple blunt trauma to the area could cause such swelling as well. In summary, Max will need to see his vet once again in order to clarify what the swelling represents. If febrile, a post-operative infection or bite wound is likely.
Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.