Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in veterinary medicine and surgery.
56364752

How long should you wait to handle cat after applying petl

Customer Question

how long should you wait to handle cat after applying petlock
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm a licensed veterinarian and I'll be happy to help. You need to not touch where you apply the PetLock until it is dry. You can touch the rest of the cat, just not the back of the neck to between the shoulder blades.
I like to apply it before bed one evening, and by morning the substance has spread in the skin oils and is dry at at the application site.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns.
Dr. Barbara
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

does this mean not to touch her for 24 hours

Hi Wanda!
It should take about 8 hours to dry, and once it is dry in the area where you apply it, you can touch that area as well as any other area. You just don't have to be careful about touching the other area at any time.
I usually recommend the before bedtime application if there are any children in the home.