Dr. Nobuki
Dr. Nobuki, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Veterinarian in Tampa, Florida
76407668

My cat is about 3 his skin is hot to touch, he drinks a lot

Customer Question

My cat is about 3 his skin is hot to touch, he drinks a lot of water and hes covered in what looks like scabs. he eats well climbs trees and is a little crazy
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Nobuki replied 2 years ago.
Hello this is Dr. Nobuki. How are you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can you give me an answer about my cat
When I have cats come in that have scabs all over themselves, this indicates a bacterial skin disease most likely due to fleas. In order to take care of it, you have put them on a monthly prevention such as Comfortis or Activyl to take care of the fleas and make sure they get steroids and antibiotics to clear up the infection. It usually clears up in about 2 weeks but we have to be very observant for fleas since it is an ALLERGY that the cat is responding to generally.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can you give me the perscpibtion for the antibiotics
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you help with the getting the meds???
Unfortunately I cannot without establishing a Doctor/patient relationship which would require an examination. I can tell you though that I usually give them a Depo-Medrol injection and a Convenia injection along with Activyl for the fleas and it clears them up within 2 weeks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That was a waste of money
I disagree. You were able to consult with a vet and most likely have a diagnosis of what is going on. You also have a gameplan and know what you need to do :) I wish I could do more. Do you have anymore questions?
Did you have anymore questions or is there anything else I can help you with?