Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

My daughters cat was attached by neighbors dog's 6hours ago

Customer Question

My daughters cat was attached by neighbors dog's 6hours ago they got the dogs off checked for bleeding from the mouth was none and no puncture wounds cat's mouth was open breathing very rapidly got him home took inside were cool breathing slowed after a while seems very sore in rear loose stool with slight red we assume blood and slime he can walk and sit up and lay down he's drinking water on his own his ears feel cool now not same temperature as our other cat we covered him with a warm towel what else can we do we live where there's no after hour animal clinic
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
I am so sorry to hear about your guy....
It appears that your guy has serious bruising which is causing him this pain. Because the pain is in his rear, this will cause him to not want to have a bowel movement because it hurts and this causes this bleeding and mucous. Unfortunately, there is no safe over the counter pain reliever for cats so all you can do is feel your guy a bland diet until you can get him to your vet for medications to help him past this. It does appear that he does not have any internal injuries since he is still somewhat active.
The bland diet is rice and boiled chicken 1/2
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta