Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Please help I can't afford a office visit... I have a kitten

Customer Question
Please help I can't afford...
Please help I can't afford a office visit...
I have a kitten who's 6 wks old when using the litter box she cries and it seems hard and hurtful to poop I just noticed blood in it....I'm scared......her poop is formed and not hard...please help ASAP
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
5/25/2015
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
I am sorry to hear you are worried about Princess. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help.
Is she eating? Any vomiting at all?
Red blood in the stool is a sign that the lining of the colon is irritated, probably from her straining. It could also be due to parasites which are often seen in kittens. If she were bleeding internally, the blood would be black and tarry.
I would have a stool specimen checked for parasites, especially Coccidia. These are common in kittens, cause blood in the stool, and do not respond to the usual wormers we give kittens. Special prescription medication is needed.
If she is eating, you can add some canned unsweetened pumpkin to her food to make it easier for her to defecate.
If she is eating, and not vomiting, and if her gums look pink to you, she is probably not in immediate danger.
Let me know what other questions you have.
Bull SHIT.....got better results from goggle...I am not happy
Normally I ask you to continue asking more questions until you get the answer you are happy with.
I do not respond to bad language. I will opt out. Do not reply to this, or post a rating; that may prevent another expert from helping you.
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian