Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

We have two cats, one male and one female. Both were adopted…

Customer Question
We have two cats, one...
We have two cats, one male and one female. Both were adopted from the humane society at around 10 weeks and had been spayed and neutered. Both cats are loving and friendly. A few months ago the female started urinating in the hallway about 5 feet from the litter box that is is a half bathroom. We spoke to personel at the humane society and at the local vet and were told to try adding a second litter box? We did so and clean them multiple times a day. The female cat is ruining our hardwood floors and the baseboards. I cannot repair the damage until she stops. I have cleaned the spot with urine gone and many other agents and checked with a black light to be sure it was gone. She has been checked for a UTI and is negative after another $150 . My wife and I are at our wits end, please help.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
5/23/2015
Cat Veterinarian: VetTechErin, Licensed Vet Tech replied 3 years ago
VetTechErin
VetTechErin, Licensed Vet Tech
Hi there! My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to help you with your question. I have a few questions of my own if you don't mind answering.
Are the litter boxes covered or uncovered?
Where did you place the second litter box?
What is located in the half bathroom? (Is it just a toilet and sink, or does it contain other things like washer-drier, etc.?)