Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a 3 year old Bengal cat and a 3 year old burmilla

Customer Question

Hello...i have a 3 year old Bengal cat and a 3 year old burmilla cat. The bengal has started to wee on my kids beds ( kids being 23 & 21) when ever it gets the chance to. It seems that this is maybe a behavioral problem but i have no idea why. Its becoming very expensive having to send doonas and blankets to the dry cleaners!
Thought you might have some ideas?
Regards
Leeanne
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.

Hello & welcome, Leeanne. I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has Jasper been doing this?

Have the kids recently moved back in or any other possible changes in the house (ie new pets, changes in routines, renovations, new furniture, neighbor cats visible in the garden, etc)?

Does Jasper still use the box for feces?

When he passes urine does it look a normal volume, color, and odor?

Have you had any urine samples tested?