Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat has chewed off spots around his anus? Would he do this

Customer Question

My cat has chewed off spots around his anus? Would he do this if he has worms?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
How long has he had these signs?
Had he been scooting or dragging his bum ?
Where around his rectum are these wounded areas?
At 3 & 9 o'clock regions around the rectum?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, I am happy to have a look (since it will let me see what you are seeing). To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just saw a worm on his butt. You might be able to see it in the picture. He is a 1 1/2 year old fixed male. He has chewed hair off of one place on his side about a dime big and chewed on his tail a little. He did eat some cheese the other day.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He has 3 places around his anus that he has chewed in the past 2 days. He has chewed a little but this really started 2 1/2 or 3 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,
My apologies that I did not catch your reply before I had to be away. Still you mentioned a photo and it does not seem to have posted. Can you repost that for me to see the extent of this situation?