Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My six week old kitten was snapped at by our Chihuahua and

Customer Question

my six week old kitten was snapped at by our Chihuahua and she rolled over on her back and yelled for like two minutes. I got her calm but now she is leaking from her bottom and it seems to be swollen. She moves and meows but has been sleeping or napping a lot since then.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Did the dog physically grab or shake Maya at all?
Does she still see dull and shocky now?
Can you take a photo of this swelling? If you can do so and post them online, I am happy to have a look (since it will let me see what you are seeing). To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool. Or you can post them on a 3rd party site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web address here