Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My 9 year old Tabby is experiencing a runny nose upon waking.

Customer Question
He recently had an episode...
My 9 year old Tabby is experiencing a runny nose upon waking. He recently had an episode with idiopathic urinary retention which we had hi hospitalized and treated and now is eating prescription food for his condition. He only seems to have this when he wakes from sleeping and is eating and urinating with no issues. This started about 2 days ago and he has no eye discharge that I have noticed.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
4/30/2015
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Deb, Cat Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Cat Veterinarian
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb.
I recently came online and see that your question about Dodger hasn't been answered. I'm so sorry that you've had to wait for a response, but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can.
I do have a few questions to ask first, if you don't mind:
1. Does the discharge appear to be coming from both nostrils or only one (although I know it may be hard to tell)?
2. What color is it?
3. Any sneezing?
Since it looks as if you are currently offline, there may be a delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you and I may be offline at the time you respond. But I'll get back to you as soon as I can since I'm on the computer some part of every day.
Thanks for your patience. Deb
Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian