Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I am having slim progress in capturing a feral cat so that

I am having slim progress in capturing a feral cat so that it doesn't become of age to reproduce
it is a kitten actually
and only weeks away from going on the prowl
and we have been gaining trust for 3 weeks now
but it is nerve racking ,,
waiting for her to get nailed and bring us 10 kittenes soon if I don't catch her and get her fixed and treated by a vet , I have tried a few manuvers and failed and I simply want to get her all groggy long enough to place her nice into a cage for delivery to the vet
I can see not reason why I shouldn't be able to drug the little angle for everyones best good
I was reading about
acepromazine.
Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

I would talk with a humane society or animal shelter where you plan to take her to get her spayed. They should be ok giving you a dose of Acepromazine to give her to sedate her. It does take a good 20-30 minutes for the oral meds to kick in, but you should get enough sedation to be able to grab her and throw her in a crate. You can then run her in to get her spayed.

I would give a kitten 5 mg of Ace- that should do the trick.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?