Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

i administered zodiac flea and tick control 4 hours ago to

i administered zodiac flea and tick control 4 hours ago to my 6 lb cat and now is
drooling excessively and acting over excited, what should i do?
Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

It sounds like she licked some of the product and she's having a bad taste reaction. This is pretty common after using flea meds in cats. I would make sure that the package of the product says it's safe in cats. If it's a dog product, then it may be toxic when used in cats.

To help with the drooling, you can rinse out her mouth with water and then give some canned food or tuna. If she starts having muscle tremors/ seizures, then I would get her to a vet. These tremors/ seizures are signs of systemic reactions to flea meds and we need to give prescription muscle relaxants (Methocarbamol) to treat those cats.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.