Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

my cat has a uti. i was wondering what the best home treatment

my cat has a uti. i was wondering what the best home treatment is in your opinion. please help !!!
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 5 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome to Just answer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Unfortunately, there is no home remedy that will cure this infection. The best thing you can do is purchase Methigel at the pet store which is a urinary acidifier that puts the urine in an acid state so the bacteria cannot grow. Give a dose of this every 6 hrs. This will not be curative but will reduce the number of bacteria and help ease his discomfort until you can get him to your vet for antibiotics.

Good Luck!

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX