Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Can I use Sergeants Vetscription Ear Mite and Tick Treatment

Customer Question
Can I use Sergeant's Vetscription...
Can I use Sergeant's Vetscription Ear Mite and Tick Treatment on my cat? It says for dogs, but I didn't know if it would also be safe for my cat that has ear mites. It does not say on the label if it is safe for cats or other animals.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/25/2011
Cat Veterinarian: Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian. replied 6 years ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Thanks for the question.

While I cannot diagnose this over the internet I can tell you the following :

While generally safe in dogs I have known this class of product cause reactions in cats, the safest thing to do is not to use it and get something specifically labeled for cats. sorry ...

If I have not covered your question fully enough or you would like to ask more I will be online for the next hour or so and I will be at your disposal.

Scott Nimmo BVMS MRCVS