Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

why do cats always smell so good

?...
why do cats always smell so good ?
6/7/2011
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Well, there is a little bit of a trick to this question.
First, you are accustomed to their smell, so I hate to say it, but not everyone may agree.

However, cats are very clean. They groom themselves nicely. In addition, I am sure you care for your cats quite well. The combination will result in well kept coat and skin, and therefore, less odiferous.

One other thing. They are young. No bad periodontal disease. So, keep up on dentistry with your vet. The mouth is another source of bad odor which can be amplified when cats lick themselves.

Hope that answer helps

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I greatly appreciate when you click “ACCEPT” if you have found the advice helpful or informative, so I may receive credit for the answer. Receiving feedback and bonuses is happily welcomed.
The answer provided is for information only. Unfortunately, I cannot legally prescribe medications or offer a definitive diagnosis without performing a physical examination. If you have any concerns please contact your primary veterinarian, or contact an ER facility if this is an emergency. REMEMBER: Even after you click "ACCEPT" and your question closes, you can still review our discussion.
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Dr. Andy, Medical Director