Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian in Practice 19 Years
2263760

How much deltamethrin would a cat have to ingest to cause illness.

How much deltamethrin would a cat have to ingest to cause illness. The product is an outdoor insecticide spray.

Hello. Thank you for asking your question on just answer. My name isXXXXX will try to help.

The premise spray is not suppose to cause clinical signs in cats.

Did your cat lick some from the bottle?

What are the symptoms you are seeing?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No it did not lick from the bottle. It is a neighbours cat so im not sure what symptoms it is showing they are blaming the spray which was applied to a wooden fence to control spiders. There was not a lot of residue because i used it sparingly and seeing as it was a hot day it virtually dried on the spot. The cat was not in the vicinity at any time during spraying.

No, whatever they are seeing in the cat it is not from you spraying the deltamethrin.

I got this confirmed by a vet at the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center so they can call there is they do not believe you.

Here is the website with the phone number www.aspca.org/pet-care/poison-control/