Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

cat: has vomitted twice us as many days

Customer Question
My cat has vomitted twice...
My cat has vomitted twice us as many days. It is very hot and humid where we live for about a week. Temps inthe 90's and humidty just as high. Could this be the reason? She was at the vet Saturday and got a clean bill of health.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/28/2010
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian

Hi there, this is Dr. Elaine.

If she is an indoor/outdoor kitty, she could certainly have eaten something that upset her--even hunting.

I wouldn't change her diet (i.e. to can food if she isn't used to it).

If she likes being indoors I would definitely bring her in where it is cooler, since until she is eating normally (and hence drinking) without vomiting, the heat will allow dehydration to occur more rapidly.

If she has not vomited for most of the day, she is likely getting back on track, but with her inside you will be able to see in which direction she is going, and act accordingly.

Let me know if I may help further.

Kindly,

Dr. Elaine