Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

my cat has developed holes in his side. first there was one…

Customer Question
my cat has developed holes...
my cat has developed holes in his side. first there was one then two now there are three what are they
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/28/2010
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Lee, Cat Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Dr. Lee
Dr. Lee, Cat Veterinarian

Hi. I'm Dr. Lee and will do my best to help.

Where are the holes?

Are they open wounds?

Is he an indoor or outdoor cat?

Is he eating and drinking normally?

Thanks.

the first one appeared high on his right side near spine .second lower and third developed in front of the first.at first his back was swollen then the open punture appeared two days later.yes they are open but he keeps them very clean.he is in and out but mostly in.he eats and drinks as usual.

Thanks for the info.

These open wounds could be animal bites or other trauma. Skin does not break open for no reason. It is best to take him to your vet for exam and antibiotic injection. If that is not possible, then you will have to clean the wounds with hydrogen peroxide every 12 hours and apply neosporin on the wound every 12 hours. This needs to be done for at least 2 weeks. However, if after 3 days and there is no improvement, then he really needs to go see your vet at that time as there is no other way.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks.