Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

cat: think my..babies..shes..yard, and extra lovable to other people…

Customer Question
I think my female cat...
I think my female cat is oing to have babies, her signs are as follows: shes gettign fatter, her nibbles are protruding, she is less tolerate of the other female and male cat in the house (which are both fixed) she is sleeping alot, not going out that much, staying around the yard, and extra lovable to other people, who she always ran away from before, and she has not been in heat for about 4 weeks. And she is not fixed.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/24/2010
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian
Hi kotofuzz,

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

I'd have to agree it is highly likely that your cat is either pregnant or is experiencing false pregnancy. False pregnancy is pretty uncommon in cats so I'd be prepared for a litter of kittens. Momma cats are pregnant for about 63 days. You should start feeding her kitten food now and continue to do so until she is feeding the kittens.

If you haven't had a pregnant cat before this website is a good resource: http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=1738

Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian
Is there anything else special I need to do for her beside kitten chow, Now is that crunchies or wet food, because I have noticed that she is mostly eating dry food and really does not want the wet food.
Nothing else special at this point unless it's been more than a year since her last deworming, just get a nest box ready when it gets a little closer, then read the website I gave you to be prepared for any signs of complications of pregnancy. Most of the time however if you leave them alone and keep a distant eye on her she'll have the kittens just fine on her own. As for they type of food dry or wet does not matter. Whatever she prefers is fine.

Dr. Dan