Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

cat: belly..affectionate..she loves to give me kisses..behavior…

Customer Question
our cat is pregnant we...
our cat is pregnant we noticed she had a belly about two to three weeks ago and she has gotten bigger so we assume she is near, but this morning I saw her with our kitchen sponge and when I tried to take it from her she growled and hissed at me which is VERY unlike her. She is the most affectionate cat I have ever had she loves to give me kisses so I was worried about this behavior
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/21/2010
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
HI there.

Don't worry. This is her hormones talking and not her. Since she is getting ready to deliver, her hormones are making her cranky to you and once she has her kittens, she will go back to being the lovable cat you know.

Have her spayed after this litter since you now know she can get cranky.

Good Luck!