Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

kittens: tonight..chewing..doing .She seems to of settled down…

Customer Question
i have a cat that...
i have a cat that had 3 kittens a week ago .my cat has been very good but tonight seemed to be getting a bit ruff with the kittens she was grabbing them by the kneck a bit and even looked like she was chewing on there legs i have called her a few times to stop her she seems to be acting a little strange . She is doing it to one of the kittens more than the other and he sems to be loosing his balance a bit could this be her trying to help it or has she hurt it .We havent touched them at all because she has been doing so well ,do we need to touch them or just leave her to it like we have been doing .She seems to of settled down now and they are all cuddled into her ,really i need to know what should she being doing ,acting and what do we do . She has never had kittens and we have never had a cat that has either .Do we let people look at her and the kittens or does she need to be shut in the study away from everyone.Can u give me some genral advise please .
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/21/2010
Cat Veterinarian: FamilyPetDoctor, Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
FamilyPetDoctor
FamilyPetDoctor, Veterinarian

Has she been good with the kittens until the last day??? OR has she been funny this whole time?

Does that kitten seem smaller or more sickly??

Up to now i would so no but this morning then yes
she has been excellent with them up until now