Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

cat: wet..laying....i have witnessed at least 2..mixed..5 lbs....it…

Customer Question
have cat that looks like...
have cat that looks like she has had some type of poisoning.....not eating.....although i did give her some of that calorie stuff.....i gave her bread and 1 tum last night....as she did not look better this morning...

i went to store and purchased Charco Caps 260 mg....which has activated charcoal, absorbs toxins that cause flatus and gas... i gave her one of these capsules...and squirted water and calorie paste..into her...

about 1/2 hr later....she had a type of seizure....not convulsive...just kind of put her head back and straighted her legs.....passed within a few seconds...and there was a small wet spot where she was laying....i have witnessed at least 2 of these seizure type eposides...i do not know if she was having these right along....and i had not witnessed them......

this is a 16 mixed cat... who is excellent health with no health issues...weighs approx 5 lbs....it has been about 61/2 hrs since giving her charco capsule.what else can be done to help her
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/21/2010
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. C, Cat Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Dr. C
Dr. C, Cat Veterinarian

Hi-

I'm sorry your kitty is ill, however, I think what you've tried at home is good. Anytime a cat begins to seizure, it is a negative sign, and an indication a vet needs to be called in to help. If it has been poisoned, then it needs IV fluids to help flush the poisoning out. From your description I would be suspicious of the liver and or kidneys being affected, either of which needs professional help for survival. When your vet examines her, lab work will also need to be done. Remember that often when seizuring begins, and continues, left unchecked, they can convulse until death, which I'm sure you don't want. If I have given you information which is helpful, please push ACCEPT.