Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have a 13 week old kitten, i noticed him limping he is putting…

Customer Question
I have a 13 week...
I have a 13 week old kitten, i noticed him limping he is putting the foot on the ground and his eating fine and drinking fine and going to the litter try fine. I think he may of fell from 5ft height. His purring at the moment which i know means his resurring himself. He doesn't whale in pain when his walking on it, he only whales when i press it slightly, and he tries to grab my hand and bite me. So i don't touch it anymore. The limbing isn't bad. Do you think it maybe a sprain ? his still awake now and his climbing up the sofa alright
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/19/2010
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Scott, Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Dr. Scott, Veterinarian
Hello there,

A sprain is not common in animals. In a cat this age, a growth plate injury is most likely. They can be very painful and it does not take much trauma to cause one in a kitten this young. A hairline fracture is also possible. There is nothing to give at home for a pain in a cat this age. Keep him confined with food, water and litter box and have him examined as soon as you can.