Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

i came home found my cat upstairs doesnt seem to beable to…

Customer Question
i came home found my...
i came home found my cat upstairs doesnt seem to beable to open her mouth to wide,ther was a little bit of blod on her lip i wiped her off and her chest mouth and front paws were wet and sticky,i tried to give her food and water she acted like she wanted to eat but wouldnt or coundnt open her mouth
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/19/2010
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Andy, Medical Director replied 8 years ago
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Andy :

Hello. This is a serious concern.

Dr. Andy :

She could have a fractured tooth, something lodged in the mouth, or even a jaw dislocation.

Dr. Andy :

I'll wait for you to reply so I know you are there

Customer:

she is also having alot of saliva

Customer:

would her jaw "look' like it was dislocated?

Dr. Andy :

No, it would not.

Dr. Andy :

The key is not only the inability to open the mouth, but all that hypersalivation.

Dr. Andy :

Personally, this situation easily warrants a evaluation by an ER vet.

Customer:

should i or could i wait till the morning

Dr. Andy :

Well.......she can barely open the mouth, there is hypersalivation, a little bit of blood to suggest a possible injury. I don't think you should wait.

Dr. Andy :

Sorry for the situation. I hope Leni does okay. May I be of any further assistance?

Customer:

no thank you im trying to find a vet

Dr. Andy :

Okay. I certainly hope you decide to accept the answer, it is the only way, as the vet, for me to get credit for my time. Good Luck