Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

kitten: 7 weeks old was happily playing with my daughter..cry..lying…

Customer Question
my kitten 6-7 weeks old...
my kitten 6-7 weeks old was happily playing with my daughter, next thing she cry every time you touch towards back legs. she seems happy enough but is struggling to roll over and is holding back leg straight, she is content lying in her basket but seems to be moving very slowly and rolling onto her back and staying on her back
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/18/2010
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Lee, Cat Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Dr. Lee
Dr. Lee, Cat Veterinarian

Hi. I'm Dr. Lee and will do my best to help.

Is she able to stand on all 4 and walk on all 4?

Is she limping at all?
Is she using that leg at all?

Thanks.

seems to be limping and not putting leg to floor,

Thanks for the info.

I would suspect that the leg is broken, most likely from playing with your daughter. She needs to go to the ER or your vet immediately for x-rays. And will likely require surgery, or at the very least, a cast to help it heal.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks.

is it possible that it could just be twisted? surely bones dont break so easily???