Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have a kitten and it appears it just got in some sort of…

Customer Question
I have a kitten and...
I have a kitten and it appears it just got in some sort of a fight. There is blood coming from his one eye and from his nose. He is walking and breathing fine, but when I tried wiping it with a damp towel, he hissed at me and kind of backed away. I noticed there was blood dripped on the garage floor by the lawn mower. What should I do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/15/2010
Cat Veterinarian: Doctor 4 Cats, Cat Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Doctor 4 Cats
Doctor 4 Cats, Cat Veterinarian

Kittens don't get in to a fight. Another animal (dog) may have mauled it. It needs to be checked over well for bite wounds, internal injuries, and the eye needs to be checked for eyeball damage. He needs to see a vet.

If you cannot see your vet he needs to be cleaned, fed and kept warm. Allow him to rest. He needs to be on antibiotics even if you get them from the feed store or a humane shelter.

Hope this helps. If so please click<accept> so that we will be here to answer other questions like yours. Thank you.