Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

cat: food or hides for days if given by mouth..allergic..her diet…

Customer Question
is it vital my 11...
is it vital my 11 yr old cat takes her hepatosyl as she refuses to eat when added to food or hides for days if given by mouth.she is also sick.vet changed to denamarin,same results.she is allergic to fish,chicken,lamb & some veg.I have her diet under control.surely she is better to eat than have drugs.Also my vets refuses to refund me on 3 months supply of untouched hepatosyl and at least 60 more in first tub.Is this acceptable as they have cost me quite a bit.Many Thanks Margaret
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/11/2010
Cat Veterinarian: Doctor 4 Cats, Cat Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Doctor 4 Cats
Doctor 4 Cats, Cat Veterinarian

Yes you are absolutely right. It is much more important that she eat than it is that she take medication, especially those. Feed her anything and everything she wants as long as it does not cause GI upset. Cat foods, cooked foods, baby foods, anything.

I don't know what her diagnosis or original symptoms were but if you can give me her lab results I can better help you.

Hope this helps. If so please click<accept> so that we will be here to answer other questions like yours. Thank you.

<p>I will get the lab results and let you have them ASAP.I am going to vet before 6pm to get them.Thank You Very Much.....</p><p>6.30.pm I cannot get Liver profile until Tuesday of next week.</p>