Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

This morning at 8AM I found my 2 yr old female cat laying on…

Customer Question
This morning at 8AM I...
This morning at 8AM I found my 2 yr old female cat laying on her stomach with her
face resting on the ground. I thought she was dead. I touched her on the head
and her tail flickered slightly. She made no movement otherwise. I called the vet,
then picked her up as gently as possible and placed her in the pet taxi. She screamed
out once but no other reaction. I got her in to see the vet within the hour. Her
temperature was fine. He looked in her mouth and ears, found nothing. Looked for
injuries, found nothing. No diarrhea, no vomiting. He said he could find nothing wrong
with her and sent us home. It is now 5PM and she still hasn't moved, can't stand,
won't eat, won't drink. No response from her until I touch her in the stomach or
backside area and then she screams and slides out of my reach. I feel so badly that
she has suffered so long without any help. Can you please tell me what I can do for her?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/10/2010
Cat Veterinarian: Doctor 4 Cats, Cat Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Doctor 4 Cats
Doctor 4 Cats, Cat Veterinarian

You didn't say if she was outdoors. If she was, she has been injured most likely from a car or another animal. She is obviously in pain. You should call your vet and ask for antibiotics (in case it is an animal bite) and pain medication.

You also did not say how old she is. If she is older and there is no possibility of trauma, it could be an infected anal gland near her rectum. However, there are many things this could be. She should have pain medication if nothing else until if and when some sign makes it more evident what is bothering her.

Hope this helps. If so please click<accept> so that we will be here to answer other questions like yours. Thank you.