Brittnie
Brittnie, Recruiter
Experience:  Expert
108173873

I am currently on unemployment, and it is set to expire on

I am currently on Virginia unemployment, and it is set to expire on April 4. I am trying to determine if the new coronavirus relief bill that expands UI will apply to me.

Hi! Thank you for the question. Allow me just a few minutes to put together an answer for you

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
HI Brittnie,
Thank you for the information! Where I am still a bit unclear is if I am eligible, as I had lost my job due to non-coved reasons, back in October '19. Would this extension still apply to me? Or only people who are jobless due to Covid?
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
That does make sense (and Covid has certainly hindered my ability to find new work). I know that the unemployment offices are absolutely flooded with claims right now, so they don’t seem to be able to answer me. And I’m unable to file a new claim until my old one runs out (online system physically won’t let me). Should I just sit tight until the bill makes final passage to the Oval Office? I’m guessing we won’t have the full details until it’s put into law and the UI offices get instructions at a state level?
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Is there anything else I can help with? If the answers i provided were sufficient, could you please select "Accept Answer" so that i may close out your ticket? If you have follow up questions, don't hesitate to ask. If you have new questions in the future, feel free to request me!

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Thanks so much! I’ll let you know if anything else comes up.