Michael
Michael, Employment Services
Experience:  Employment Services Professional
70951075

I have held my current position as a pharmacy technician at

Customer Question

I have held my current position as a pharmacy technician at my job for 5yrs. For at least 6months I have continually been the target of angry..aggressive...abusive ...and humiliating treatment by 3 several male pharmacists. I have been screamed at....sworn at both on the sales floor and behind closed office doors. They slam things berate me to the point of tears...and hold me accountable for the errors that they themselves are responsible for. I have gone thru all the proper channels up to HR dept and nothing has put a stop to it. I even had several customers call .....the final straw was last Saturday when I spent an entire 7hr shift non stop being screamed at in front of customers by the very same pharmacist who I turned in HR to begin with. I am the only woman in the entire dept. My work and my customers speak for themselves. Why is this kind of treatment allowed? Why do the terms harrasment in the workplace and hostile work environment exist and against the law if it only relates to color...race...sex or religion? Do I not have any rights at all ?
Category: Job
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Good morning,

With a job such as yours which needs accuracy as well as being professional to customers and staff, what you have been dealing with is amazing in terms of abuse from co-workers that are not at the same level as you. Nothing you are dealing with should be allowed at anytime. The abuse that is going on does not show well to the company as well as the customers that might hear what is going on.

You have done everything required as going up the right channels with HR. It seems that HR is going with the company line and not backing up their employees which can be common with a large firm. A thought is to possibly speak to those higher up in the chain of command as you have talked with HR with no results given. Sending a message to those in charge might help in getting HR to take a better look.

I am sure you are not interested in looking for a new job but this might be something to consider if nothing is going to be fixed in terms of having co-workers act in a more professional manner. Your field has growth potential so I would believe that another position with another company might be the way to go. I might also suggest that to see if a transfer can be made to another office that can get you out of this bad situation.

I hope that the information provided has been found helpful. Also if you could please take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful.

Take care,

Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Take care,

Michael