Job

Ask a career counselor for answers ASAP

I work A large company in Santa Monica California I just got…

Customer Question
I work A large company...
I work A large company in Santa Monica California I just got hired one month ago the person I am replacing is stressing me out making up stories about me to the supervisor I have been in the HR office four times already with warnings but I have not done anything wrong this is causing me a lot of mental stress what can I due to build a case one of their complaints was there copy machine was not working and I siGhed And said good grief someone overheard it and told the supervisor and I was told that type of language and disrespect will not be tolerated in this company and I was being yelled at by the supervisor who already does not like being due to the worker who is training me obviously she does not want me to do the job correctly because I’m taking her place I feel like I am in a hostile environment here, how do I seek help for this, I don’t want to quit because I need the money and I won’t be able to collect unemployment and I feel like they are making it so easy for me so I do quit but I cannot ...
Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Job
5/31/2018
Career Counselor: Michael, Employment Services replied 20 days ago
Michael
Michael, Employment Services

Good evening,

Terrible situation you are in as obviously you are doing nothing wrong but seems that co-worker is making things difficult.

I would first document anything that you feel is going to be used against you as this could be helpful to make your case when talked to in HR. See if other co-workers can be supportive and help when being called out as they can allow to speak up for you if HR calls you into their office. I would also try looking to see if there is another department in your office that you might be able to transfer to as someplace else within the company could fix things right away.

If things do not improve, might be best to start looking for another company to work with. Do not quit as you are correct that you would not receive unemployment. Take time as needed away from work to interview as possibly finding another company might be best if things do not improve where you are right now.

I hope that the information provided has been found helpful. Also if you could please take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful.

Take care,

Michael

Career Counselor: Michael, Employment Services replied 19 days ago

Take care,

Michael