Job

Ask a career counselor for answers ASAP

Best pointers for a phone job interview..?

Not sure why this was put under family law.
3/27/2018
Michael
Michael, Employment Services

Good evening Cristi,

In terms of the better pointers when having a phone interview with a prospective employer:

1. Create a checklist before the interview on your main points you want to address. List criteria of your qualifications that match what the job is asking for. These main points then can be right in front of you to refer to as questions are asked by the interviewer. Also keep your resume with the checklist to refer to as well.

2. Practice in front of a friend/family member as being prepared for when the actual interview starts.

3. Be free of any interference such as children, friends etc. Turn off cellphone to be sure nothing causes noises during the interview. I would suggest using a landline phone as reception is better and will not cause the connection to stop.

4. Focus and speak clearly during the interview over the phone. Have a glass of water to keep hydrated during the talk.

5. Take your time during the interview as clearly answering the questions asked is better than being in a hurry.

6. Prepare questions to ask toward the end of the interview. Ask about the job and the atmosphere of the company and what the company is like working for. Also prepare for any questions that the interviewer may ask toward the end of the interview.

Following these tips should offer you a good advantage of landing the job you are applying for.

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Employment Services
Thank you!

You are very welcome. Best of luck in the job search.

Librarian Michael