Job

Ask a career counselor for answers ASAP

I recently submitted an on-line application for a job I'm…

Customer Question
I recently submitted an on-line...
I recently submitted an on-line application for a job I'm really interested in. Would it be bad form to call the business to follow up?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Job
3/25/2018
Career Counselor: Michael, Employment Services replied 3 months ago
Michael
Michael, Employment Services

Good morning Dave,

Common asked question on our site about when is the right time to follow up with a job application to a prospective employer. Since it sounds like you ave just sent in the job application, give the process a few weeks. This is because of many reasons, from the employer receiving other applications to process to not enough staffing to review each and every application. Also budgets are to be considered as end of fiscal year is coming up for many businesses as they possibly have to make sure that hiring is still within their budget.

Give the process a bit of time before deciding to make a call. You might be interested in sending an email first to the hiring manager to let them know your application was sent and you are looking forward to hearing back from them. After a few weeks or month where no response is back, then making a phone call would be proper to check in to see how the hiring process is going.

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Take care,

Michael