Job

Ask a career counselor for answers ASAP

We want to take a fashion modeling tv course and they are…

Customer Question
We want to take a...
We want to take a fashion modeling tv course and they are going to model me after a famous model. Im a boy how should I approach my friends to make them understand I am paying $2000 for fashion. So many people understand modeling can you help me understand the ideas I need to think about to go from regular to high fashion. Do I always need a friend to care for my look. Modeling is about getting an agent can you give me advise, websites, or books to help me think about how they need me to act. If im posing for a photo I can copy other models can you tell me the do's and don'ts of copying models.
Thank you
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Job
12/21/2017
Career Counselor: Michael, Employment Services replied 7 months ago
Michael
Michael, Employment Services

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good evening,

Being a model for the fashion industry is something that is becoming more common and understood by many so no worries about telling your friends. Explaining to them that you are entering a career that can bring solid income and be seen by many in both television and social media.

I would first though do a bit of research on the course you are taking to be sure that things are legitimate and not just taking your money. Look for reviews from others that have taken the course as well as make sure that the course itself has professional connections to help you in finding work when you finish.

In terms of working toward becoming a model, here are various links to information that I believe that can help:

1. Wealth of articles

http://www.modelmanagement.com/modeling-advice/

2. Business article from the Houston Chronicle

http://work.chron.com/require-become-male-model-11984.html

3. Tips from other models

https://www.buzzfeed.com/louispeitzman/how-to-be-a-male-model-as-told-by-the-guys-of-americas-next?utm_term=.dsxndgE8n#.lq1pRXyDp

4. Tips On How To Pose

https://menstylefashion.com/male-models-tips-on-how-to-pose/

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Take care,

Michael

Career Counselor: Michael, Employment Services replied 6 months ago

Take care,

Michael