Job

Ask a career counselor for answers ASAP

What are the best and efficient ways to identify and select…

Customer Question
What are the best and...
What are the best and efficient ways to identify and select and hire executives for a company? Thanks.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Job
12/7/2017
Career Counselor: Martin, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Martin, Engineer

Hi and welcome. Is this an academical question or a real world question problem? As incredible as it may seem the two answers are not the same.

Thanks for the reply. It is a real life problem. I'm curious though, what the answer would be if it is a academical question?

The reason why i asked is that academical answers are bogus :) They will usually include buzz word requirement like sigma 6 and ISO 9001.

The best way to hire an executive is to choose someone that care for the product or service. If the company is selling crap (a company that will do anything to generate money), then you need someone that have so weird and over the top personal projects he is passionate about that he will run the extra mile to make it work to have a stable pay to finance his projects. In either case the executive need to have https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_to_power

Hire someone that not only know how to do something but is able to do it. Some go very far to hire an executive but i will tell you that on 100 individual, 20 will be perfect. So you don't have to go search very far. The best is a serie of interview, then you go pass a little time with them to see how they live.

Don't fear to hire someone poor. Many are not poor because they are not inteligent, they are just so inteligent that so many things interest them that they have very little time left to pursue monetary interest path.

Hire someone that say the thruth so that everyone working under him have confidence in his decision. As good as ideas are if the worker don't beleive it will work, nothing will work right.

Hire someone without ego so that ideas of the bottom of the pyramid have a chance to make it to the top. Not having ego also mean he will be able to admit his idea are failling and not wait too long trying to fix things and sink the company at the same time (like it is happened with GE).

Martin, Engineer