Job

Ask a career counselor for answers ASAP

How to apply for a job in medical billing/coding? I am done…

How to apply for a...
How to apply for a job in medical billing/coding? I am done with school just working on my certificate but how do I get on the job training?
10/9/2017
Michael
Michael, Employment Services

Good evening Debra,

Great career in this field as growth is seen as reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-records-and-health-information-technicians.htm

In terms of ways to get the on the job training, here are some tips:

1. http://www.mb-guide.org/medical-billing-and-coding-training.html

2. Look at listings for temporary positions within billing/coding as companies will allow for training to let you get the on the job training

https://www.monster.com/jobs/q-medical-billing-and-medical-coding-training-jobs.aspx

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Employment Services
Very helpful, thank you

You are very welcome. Best in getting the training as within a short time you should be able to find work and a great career in this field.

Take care,

Michael

I hope so cause I would love to work from home doing this

Quite a number of listings working from home on the leading job site "Indeed"

https://www.indeed.com/q-Medical-Billing-l-Home-Based-jobs.html

I need job training first or do they train you

Might be something to look at with this listings as many companies might want to offer training as then they will have someone ready to go and can do the work. You might then inquire with some of this companies listed and see what offers they might make.

Now if I can just found one on indeed

Continue to search and have new listings sent to you from Indeed on an ongoing basis. Hopefully one or more will be interested in training.

Best of luck in this growing career.

Michael